We are happy to be welcoming guests back to East Bay Resort as of Nov. 19, 2020.
We have included the latest Turks & Caicos entry requirements for your convenience and the significant health and safety measures we have taken at the resort.
In consultation with government and local health organizations, we have implemented numerous enhanced measures to help ensure a safe and relaxing stay for our guests.
We invite you to learn more about entry requirements and our enhanced COVID-19 protocols when staying at East Bay Resort.
Turks & Caicos Entry Requirements
All travelers to the Turks & Caicos are required to obtain pre-travel authorization via the TCI Assured portal. Without authorization, you will not be permitted to board your flight to Turks & Caicos. On the TCI Assured portal, a traveler may begin the application process 5 days prior to arrival in the Turks and Caicos Islands. Each applicant will be provided with a username and password to access the application so that it can be completed in multiple sessions. Once all of the required documents are uploaded, the application can be submitted for review. The information is then verified and a TCI Assured Travel Authorization sticker will be issued to the traveler.
STEP 1: Register with the TCI Assured Program (Pre-Travel Certification)
The TCI Assured program pre-authorization requires travelers to submit information directly through the TCI Assured portal. The portal can be found at this link: https://travelauthorisation.turksandcaicostourism.com/
Travelers will be required to obtain a certification by submitting the following information:
- A negative COVID-19 PCR test result. The test must be taken within 5 days prior to travel to the TCI. Children under the age of 10 are excluded from this requirement.
- Insurance that covers COVID-19 medical costs and full hospitalization, doctors’ visits, prescriptions and air ambulance.
- A completed online health screening questionnaire.
Once uploaded, the documents will be verified and certification issued. For more information about entry requirements, please visit the following links:
STEP 2: Obtain a Negative Covid-19 PCR Test Result.
To obtain the TCI Assured Travel Authorization, all visitors and residents, excluding children who are under 10 years old or those who are in the exempt category of persons, are required to upload documentary evidence of a negative Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR COVID-19) test from an accredited laboratory. This test must be taken no more than five (5) days prior to travel to the islands (no antibody and antigen tests, no rapid tests). Click here to find an accredited lab near you:
Travel insurance is mandatory for arrivals to Turks and Caicos and must cover COVID-19 medical costs, full hospitalization, doctors’ visits, prescriptions and air ambulance/medevac. You may purchase insurance from one of the government’s recommended TCI Assured insurance partners. A complete list can be found here under the TCI approved travel insurance link: https://travelauthorisation.turksandcaicostourism.com/public/
Complete Health Screening Questionnaire
On the TCI Assured portal fill out the short health questionairre and submit.
If you have any questions regarding the certification process, please contact the TCI Assured department. Their office is open daily from 8:00 AM to 9:00 PM EST. You can reach them by:
Arrival at Providenciales International Airport (PLS)
Upon arrival at the airport, visitors can expect to present their valid passport, a copy of their TCI Assured Travel Authorization (printed or electronic), and the original copy of the negative PCR COVID-19 test result to a health officer and an immigration officer at the port of entry. Travelers will also be required to complete and submit a health screening questionnaire for COVID-19 to a health officer at the port of entry. All government personnel will be wearing Personal Protective Equipment (PPE). All visitors must wear face masks/face coverings on arrival and observe the protocol of the particular airlines.
Start Your Vacation!
Once your entry requirement have been fulfilled and you arrive in the Turks & Caicos it is time to start your vacation! The well-being of our guests has always been of the utmost importance for East Bay Resort, and as such, we have undertaken significant efforts to ensure that your vacation will be as relaxing and worry-free as always.
East Bay Resort is located on 1.5 miles of private, white-sand beachfront. A natural setting for a social distancing vacation, we are also taking precautions to ensure our guests enjoy a relaxing holiday. We encourage all guests to practice social distancing throughout the entirety of your vacation, and masks are required in most public areas.
- We ask that guests and staff maintain a minimum of six feet (two meters) of distance from one another.
- We ask that guests and staff practice social distancing etiquette in all elevators and limit the occupancy to one person or family.
- Guests will be required to wear facemasks when entering the front desk office. Facemasks are not required when in the pool area or on the beach as long as social distancing is maintained.
Transfers from South Caicos Airport (XSC)
Our friendly drivers wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment, like civilian face masks. We also ensure that all of our transfer vehicles are sanitized frequently. In addition, vehicles have been modified to support social distancing to and from the resort, and we have limited the approved occupancy in each vehicle.
- Civilian masks are available upon request.
- Transport vehicles are frequently disinfected.
- Multiple trips are arranged to ensure social distancing between parties.
- We will have extra transfer vehicles to ensure groups be separated for social distancing.
Our check-in process is an exclusive experience, with only one party at our check-in office at a time. We are taking all precautions necessary for social distancing and sanitizing at our front desk. Take a deep breath and relax – your South Caicos vacation is about to begin!
- Social distancing stickers are installed on the lobby floor.
- Protective plexiglass barriers are installed at the front desk.
- Hand sanitizer is available at check-in.
- Front desk and lobby touch points are sanitized more frequently.
- Credit card terminals are sanitized more frequently.
- Only one (1) guest is permitted in the front desk office at any given time.
- Masks are mandatory at the front desk.
- Hand sanitizer is available in the office.
- All touch points in reception area are frequently sanitized.
The cleanliness of our units is a top priority. Our team is dedicated to the highest levels of sanitation. We continue to use the best cleaning products on the market and have invested in new cleaning technology, like Bruun ultra low-volume fogging machines, to eliminate all microorganisms from our guest rooms.
- All housekeeping employees are required to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), including masks, gloves, and aprons.
- We continue to use hospital-grade cleaning products in our rooms.
- Towels and linens are sanitized with hospital-grade detergents and high-temperature washes.
- All glassware in guest rooms is sanitized.
- All touch points in guest rooms are sanitized upon check-out including light switches, door handles, furniture surfaces, phones, remote controls and more.
- Extra cleanliness checks are performed upon guest check-out.
Pool & Beach
We know you can’t wait to stretch out on our white-sand beach and soak up some Caribbean sunshine. Our dedicated staff will closely monitor your experience and are happy to provide you with extra towels, tropical beverages, or anything else you might need. Close your eyes and let the sea breeze wash your worries away!
- Lounge furniture is arranged to promote social distancing.
- All furniture is sanitized more frequently.
BLU Bar and Grill
Enjoy unique Caribbean dishes created by our chefs in a socially-distant environment. BLU Bar & Grill is an open-air restaurant with our dining room opening up seamlessly to our terrace for indoor-outdoor dining. We have modified BLU to support social distancing parameters and sanitize tables and chairs between each guest.
- Tables are all positioned to support social distancing parameters.
- Bar seating is also arranged to promote social distancing.
- Tables and chairs are sanitized between guest use.
- Hand sanitizer is available upon request.
- The restaurant does accept cash; however, we encourage guests to pay by credit card whenever possible.
A place for relaxation and tranquility, guests enjoy our spa services with experienced staff. Let go of your worries and listen to the waves as you enjoy a luxurious massage on our white sand beach. From manicures and pedicures to facials to rejuvenating deep-tissue massages, we have a plethora of treatments to choose from. Spa treatments are only available by appointment.
- Spa appointments are limited to single use or family (maximum two people).
- All spa rooms are sanitized between each use.
- Linens and towels are washed using hospital-grade detergents at high temperature.
- Spa tools are sanitized between uses.
Our fitness center has everything you need to keep in shape while on vacation. We offer free weights, treadmills, and exercise bikes. If you'd like private fitness coaching, yoga, or Pilates classes, let us know, and we'd be happy to make arrangements for you. We are limiting the number of guests allowed in our fitness center at a time, so it is by appointment only.
- Hand sanitizer is available for guest use.
- The fitness center is sanitized more frequently.
- We ask that guests follow social distancing protocols while using the fitness center.
Diving & Snorkeling
Featuring South Caicos’ only on-site PADI dive shop, East Bay Resort is located less than a mile from three famous diving sites: the ‘Arch’, the ‘East Bay Spur’ and the stunning ‘South Caicos Wall’. A bucket list diving and snorkeling destination, South Caicos offers clear, calm waters. Our dive and snorkel equipment is always cleaned and sanitized for our guests’ safety.
- All diving and snorkeling equipment is sanitized between uses.
- Guests may bring their own diving and/or snorkeling equipment.
- Dive and snorkel boats limit the number of guests to promote social distancing.
Unfortunately, all good things must come to an end. When your vacation is over, checking out will be a seamless experience. We hope to make your final moments at East Bay Resort as relaxing as the rest of your Caribbean escape. From the East Bay Resort family, take care, and we’ll see you again soon!
- Invoices can be emailed to guests prior to check-out. Upon guest approval, the invoice amount is charged to the credit card on file.
- Guests drop off room key cards in a dedicated box located at the front desk. Room key cards are then sanitized before the next use.
- Hand sanitizer is available upon departure.
The health and wellness of our valued guests, as well as the East Bay family and the Turks and Caicos Islands' community at large is imperative. Our dedicated team has been trained in all new safety protocol mandated both by East Bay Resort and by the Turks and Caicos government so they, along with our guests, stay safe.
- Before entering the property, each employee has their temperature checked.
- We are implementing mandatory procedures requiring staff to stay home if sick.
- When appropriate, staff are provided with additional protective equipment, including high quality non-surgical masks.
- All employees are receiving ongoing training from industry professionals and health officials.
Working Together and Doing Our Part
To keep all of our valued guests, dedicated employees, and South Caicos residents safe, we recommend that guests and staff observe the preventative best practices as recommended by the World Health Organization during their stay at East Bay Resort. We offer this list of protocol for your reference:
- Wear civilian face masks in all public areas.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after using the washroom, before eating, after blowing your nose, after coughing, and after sneezing.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue and then throw the tissue away.
- If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
* Our processes are continually evolving as a result of the guidance we receive from government, industry, and health organizations. As such, our measures and all of the information provided on this page are subject to change without notice.