With the Turks and Caicos government now open to international travel, East Bay Resort will be welcoming guests back on Nov. 1, 2020.
We continue to update our COVID-19 measures to provide the best possible guest experience.
Our dedicated team takes great pride in maintaining high standards of cleanliness. In consultation with the World Health Organization (WHO) and other government-mandated procedure, we have implemented the following measures:
Changes in Services
The following services are temporarily suspended:
- In-room spa services.
- Turndown services.
- We ask that guests and staff maintain a minimum of six feet (two meters) of distance from one another.
- We ask that guests and staff practice social distancing etiquette in all elevators and limit the occupancy to one person or family.
Transfers from South Caicos Airport (XSC)
- Civilian masks are available upon request.
- Transport vehicles are frequently disinfected.
- Multiple trips are arranged to ensure social distancing between parties.
- We will have extra transfer vehicles to ensure groups be separated for social distancing.
- Social distancing stickers are installed on the lobby floor.
- Protective plexiglass barriers are installed at the front desk.
- Hand sanitizer is available at check-in.
- Front desk and lobby touch points are sanitized more frequently.
- Credit card terminals are sanitized more frequently.
- We continue to use hospital-grade cleaning products in our rooms.
- Towels and linens are sanitized with hospital-grade detergents and high-temperature washes.
- All glassware in guest rooms is sanitized.
- All touch points in guest rooms are sanitized upon check-out including light switches, door handles, furniture surfaces, phones, remote controls and more.
- Extra cleanliness checks are performed upon guest check-out.
- All touch points in public washrooms are sanitized more frequently.
- Both automatic hand dryers and single-use paper towels are available.
- Soap dispensers are available.
Pool and/or Beach
- Lounge furniture is arranged to promote social distancing.
- All furniture is sanitized more frequently.
- Tables are all positioned to support social distancing parameters.
- Bar seating is also arranged to promote social distancing.
- Tables and chairs are sanitized between guest use.
- Hand sanitizer is available upon request.
- The restaurants do accept cash; however, we encourage guests to pay by credit card whenever possible.
- Spa appointments are limited to single use or family (maximum two people).
- All spa rooms are sanitized between each use.
- Linens and towels are washed using hospital-grade detergents at high temperature.
- Spa tools are sanitized between uses.
- Hand sanitizer is available for guest use.
- The fitness center is sanitized more frequently.
- We ask that guests follow social distancing protocols while using the fitness center.
- All diving equipment is sanitized between uses.
- Guests may bring their own diving equipment.
- Dive boats limit the number of guests to promote social distancing.
- All snorkeling equipment is sanitized between uses.
- Guests may bring their own snorkeling equipment.
- Snorkel boats limit the number of guests to promote social distancing.
- Invoices can be emailed to guests prior to check-out. Upon guest approval, the invoice amount is charged to the credit card on file.
- Guests drop off room key cards in a dedicated box located at the front desk. Room key cards are then sanitized before the next use.
- Hand sanitizer is available upon departure.
- Before entering the property, each employee has their temperature checked.
- We are implementing mandatory procedure requiring staff to stay home if sick.
- When appropriate, staff are provided with additional protective equipment, including high quality non-surgical masks.
- All employees are receiving ongoing training from industry professionals and health officials.
Working Together and Doing Our Part
We recommend that guests and staff observe the preventative best practices as recommended by the World Health Organization.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after using the washroom, before eating, after blowing your nose, after coughing, and after sneezing.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue and then throw the tissue away.
- If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
*Please note that our processes are continually evolving as a result of the guidance we receive from government, industry, and health organizations. As such, our measures, and all of the information provided on this page is subject to change without notice.